[tcb] Cloth upholstery repairs

  • From: photofreakk@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Tcb" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 04:03:04 +0000

Hey Folks,

Anyone ever patch upholstery from the original cloth?  I have looked at Samba
feeds etc... And don't see any that relate to my 1985 cloth uphostery for the
rockNroll bed.  It started as a small tear and keeps growing even though I
tried to flip the piece (the flat back piece that sits atop the engine).
I found some "cloth repair" in the camping equipment at Academy that looks
pretty good -no sticky residue, last years etc....compared to the $2.50 glue
used on a bus I saw with vinyl seats.

Any thoughts?  I tried to just unzip the cushion to take off the fabric, but
its the original and I guess I am going to have to cut it off the zipper seems
cemented on since 1985. (Used my zipper grease from my Jeeps softtop days still
no luck)

Personal mail me for a photo if needed.

Looking forward to Classic this year with my kids -just hoping to camp without
creating more tears as we sleep in the Westy.  :-(

Thanks,
Sarah

'85 Westy "Lennon"
Sent from somewhere in the woods