[tcb] Re: Bluebus update

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 18:48:36 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Whut?

A bug transmission is at the core of every early Bus transaxle.  In 68 the Bus
went with the 002 series IRS.

If the shop is telling him that he has a "bug" trans, what's the beef?

The Ring Gear and diff are flipped, the nosecone and hockeystick are different
and 4th gear is lower.

That's the diff.  If he has a bug middle then that's not an issue.