[tcb] BBTS--trip report

  • From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:04:45 -0700 (PDT)

Friday-

Maiden voyage on my rebuilt engine gets me to Spicewood without a problem.  The
Dirksens and Julie are already there.   After setting up camp a quick dip and
swim in the springs cooled us all off.   Ed and Duncan arrived Friday
afternoon.  Chris and Jen cooked up a great meal for all of that were there on
Friday night. Yummy chicken and shrimp.

Saturday-

More arrivals and lots of swimming.  All the kids had a great time running
around and swimming.  I really wish I still had that energy level.  Saturday
night we all got together for a fajita dinner.  Thanks Chris for helping me out.

Sunday-

Another day of enjoying the springs.  We had a few folks leave and we were sad
to see them go.  Shana, Owen and I did some exploring around the Hill Country.
Another night of good times.

Monday-

Break camp.  One last dip in the Springs.  Then Julie followed me back to
Austin.  Sorry Julie 40mph is the best I could do summiting some of those
hills.  With Julie's bus behind mine it was like a mini parade.  People instead
of passing a 70 slowed down to get a look and wave.

--In all a  great weekend.  My family had a blast.  Thank you for everyone that
came.  Thank you to Julie for reserving Krause Springs. We are already working
on next year so if you missed BBTS '08 there will be one in '09.

There were about 25 people and a total of 10 buses (2 splits, 6 bays, 1
vanagon, 1 euro) and the eskimo bus was there in spirit.

Jeff