[tcb] 1970 Master Cylinder

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:16:56 -0500

OK, rebuilt the master last year. The rear circuit just failed so the
cylinder walls may have pits I can't see.

I want a master with provision for both switches so the "OFYOGHYB" light
on the dash will continue to work.

I'm unwilling to spend near $300 for a genuine ATE master.

This appears to be a new-to-the-market valid replacement from Raybestos.

http://www.amazon.com/Raybestos-MC36423-Brake-Master-Cylinder/dp/B000C6ZYLW

Anyone have any experience?

Anyone know where there's one *IN STOCK* that will ship in less than 3
to 5 weeks after I make payment? This is my daily driver and I'm
currently driving gently around town on the front circuit only. It
failed last night. I verified it was a failed master and not a messed
up wheel cylinder etc this afternoon when customers slowed down. I need
to get this ordered tomorrow (well, today now -- Friday) and
delivered/installed by next Tuesday or Wednesday so I can still at
least consider driving to Denis' house. We got (are getting) quite a
bit of rain finally.

Thanks all,

Gerald