[TapeVille] Re: reply to the DAT tape question

  • From: "Max G. Swanson" <swando99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:38:09 -0600

As far as converting tapes, it depends on the source of the squeal.  If
the tape is binding but making a sound like Sparky the Seal, it won't show
up on the converted recording if it travels by the playback head
unimpeded; if there are dropouts, quite common on cassettes, you're in for
trouble.

Just ask yourself where the noise is coming from.
--
"Americans must know the basic architecture of programs designed to
protect them."(Senator Franken.) Regards, Max.