[TapeVille] Re: a question from a former member of the pandoras.

  • From: paulrichard_rocks <paulrichard_rocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:50:18 -0500

Hi:

They didnt catch on because they weren't allowed to thanks to the recording
industry. They were a good recording medium IMHO. I still have one I bought on
eBay.

The nice thing about DAT is (presuming the recorder has them) the digital IO.
If you are recording to a PC and your PC recording interface has digital IO
capability,  you can get excellent conversion quality. If its going to MP3
format,  maybe that won't matter as much.

Paul

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device