[talks-uk] Re: Vlingo

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:44:20 -0000

Hi Paul,

You can speak to your phone.  It is an excellent app, but it doesn't support
many newer phones, like the N86.

What makes it stand out, is that you speak to it naturally. For example, you
can say "Note to self, buy milk", and it will open the notes application and
enter "buy milk" into the note. It won't save it, which is good, because you
can edit the note before saving if it gets something wrong.  But I said
"Note to self:  Taxi to Stevenage Station, 5.40" and it got it perfectly
right.

I have it on an N95 for testing, and it looks promising.

There is a free version and a pro version. The pro costs 12.99 pounds
currently.

To get it, go to http://www.vlingo.com/getvlingo with your phone. You can
not download it on a PC.