[talks-uk] Re: Reading Notes character by Character

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:44:56 -0000

Hi Eleanor

If you want to cursor through any text letter by letter, you need to
press your TALKS key, then hold down the number two key on your phone
keypad until you hear TALKS say Cursor Mode Is Letters.  There is a
cycle where you press TALKS followed by the long press of keypad number
two to skip between letters, words and original.  When you get to Cursor
Mode Is Letters, you leave it there, and you should then be able to
arrow through your text letter by letter.  Remember that this is not to
be confused with TALKS key followed by just pressing number two on your
keypad.  You must hold down the number two key until you hear TALKS
announce whichever mode it is in, letters, words, or original.

I hope this clarifies that for you.

Jackie Cairns
 Braille Support Adviser
 Email: Jackie.Cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx