[talks-uk] Re: Nokia 6630

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <igucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:54:47 -0000

Hi Steve.

It is not in fact the Vodafone software that causes this functionality issue.
It could very likely be a possibility that the firmware in the 6630 phone is
old and needs updating to enable this functionality.  If you press *#0000#
(star, 0 4-times and then hash), it will reveal the firmware version to you.
Make a note of this and take the phone to a nokia service centre or qualified
service technician.  If you are registered with Club Nokia
(http://www.nokia.co.uk/clubnokia) and the phone is still in its warrantee
period, you should be able to have a firmware update free of charge.  If you
follow the same procedure for the 6680 and note down the version number for the
record and it is wildly different from the 6630, you will know that that could
be a possibility to seriously consider before going to the trouble of the above.

I hope this helps.

Warmest, Ibrahim Gucukoglu