[talks-uk] Re: E50, caller ID and Talks.

  • From: "Peter" <plsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:19:15 -0000

Heres a thing. As things go its not the biggest thing, but it?s a thing
worth thinking about. Okay, what you do is create a sound file called sister
and use it to assosiate with your sister's phone number. You can easily
speak the word sister into the mike using Goldwave and load it onto your
machine. Then you associate your sister's phone number with sister.mp3. Oh
you can see the simplicity of this, can't you? You can speak Kevin, Sara,
Dad's cell phone etc and create the sound file with the same name.
Dad_cell.mp3, then associate it with his number. When Dad rings from his
cell phone, you won't get a Nokia ringtone. You'll get your own voice,
saying ... Dad's cell phone. Now of course you can associate certain
ringtones to certain numbers and get used to them. That's a good way to do
it. So you can have the choo choo train related to your brother's cell
phone, the gurgling pint could be your dad, the slow Jazz could be sis, etc.
Maybe the golf swing for uncle bob's phone. Like I said, it?s a thing, not
the biggest thing, but a thing worth thinking about.

Peter