[talks-uk] Does Talks have to be on the same memory as the voices?

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:21:04 +0100

Hi all,

Please forgive the rather odd question I've posed, but as a
result of something that happened recently, I'd appreciate
some clarification please.

I was trying to help my wife, Carol, upgrade her Talks from
4.03 to Talks 5 and also upgrade her vocaliser  voices.  At
one point in the process we hit a problem, because there
wasn't enough space on the phone memory for Talks 5, all the
vocaliser voices, and the US and  UK versions of eloquence
to be stored there at the same time.

While we've now resolved the issue by deleting all but US
and UK eloquence and the UK Vocaliser voices, the issue
prompts me to ask a general question which I hope some list
members can answer for me please.

In theory, is it possible to put Talks 5 on to the phone
memory of a phone such as an N82 and then install all the
speech to the memory card of the same phone and have Talks
interacting correctly with the voices?

Alexander Shannon