TalkSerotek: Windows Vista and clean access

  • From: Casey Mathews <cmathews@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:17:35 -0400

I had the chance over the last week to play with windows Vista at work a bit.
One of the things that I've noticed is that certain screens I call web dialog
boxes seam to be trickie to get around with System Access and Jaws. I do not
know about any other screen reading package as I don't have it installed on the
vista computer. These web dialog boxes are interesting because sometimes when
tabbing you hear nothing, sometimes you hear blank, and sometimes you get a
link/button. Then when you try to read the window with Jaws this would be an
JawsKey+B, or System Access would be a modifier+w You hear the tool bar along
with some extra information that is placed on the screen. It takes a wile to
find the descriptive text. SA does somewhat better in announcing this text in
certain areas. One thing that I like that jaws does is that in the search box
off of the start menu jaws will announce each program/document etc as it's
being typed in. Jaws will also announce the group that a particular element
belongs to. For example programs group etc. With SA I have to arrow down to see
what my search query has highlighted. Has  anyone had similar experiences? Has
anyone else found a quick way to navigate these new web dialog boxes?
Thoughts are welcome...

Thanks

Casey Mathews

Subscribe/Unsubscribe: //freelists.org/list/talk-serotek
or by sending a message to talk-serotek-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe in
the subject line, or unsubscribe in the subject line.

Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/