TalkSerotek: Stop-and-start scanning in Document Scan

  • From: Michael Russillo <petlonann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:48:13 -0400

Hi list. I am Peter Russillo. This concerns something I notice when using Document Scan. This quirk doesn't happen with every document, but randomly: Every so often when I hit Scan New Document, or Scan Next Page to scan something, the scanner, (a Canoscan Lide 70 that came with Document Scan) will scan for about three or four seconds, stop, then start scanning again after about ten to 12 seconds. When this happens, it starts and stops about three times, then the scan head returns to the home position and the page is finally ready to read. As I said above this happens randomly so I cannot reproduce it every single scan. I use Windows Vista, and Windows Defender is set to protect in real time. Has anyone noticed this behavior which I explained above? Is it really safe to uncheck the box in Windows Defender Tools that has the program protecting in real time, and just scanning the computer on my own every so often? Any suggestions would be helpful for working around this start-and-stop behavior in Document Scan. Thanks.

Sincerely, Peter

Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/