TalkSerotek: Re: satogo is slow with espeak

  • From: Craig Werner <craig_werner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:36:43 -0500

eSpeak is a free package, and I don't know how much time its developer can spend on improving it. It is indeed slow and crackly.

Craig

Josh wrote:
Hi
hasanyone noticed that using satogo with its default espeak speech produces crackly slow not very responsive speech? Josh Kennedy jkenn337@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jkenn337@xxxxxxxxx> my blog is at http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net (updated frequently). Tired of Microsoft Windows and paying thousands for screen-readers? try out NVDA, get a mac--, nvda--for Windows, or try out and switch to grml, Ubuntu, Vinux, or knoppix-adriane Linux desktops. Knoppix ubuntu and vinux-cli-max are the most accessible for beginners. also try vinux-gui and encourage those at www.cherrypal.com <http://www.cherrypal.com> to use windows-xp and nvda knoppix-adriane Vinux-cli-max or grml so all blind people can have an accessible computer.

to unsubscribe from the talk-serotek email list send a message to:

Talk-Serotek Archives ar at: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/