TalkSerotek: Re: computers system access and things

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:09:31 -0400

What exactly is a Eee computer?

Rick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh" <jkenn337@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:47 PM
Subject: TalkSerotek: computers system access and things

Hi,

I wanted to let you all know that Asus has come out with a new Eee computer
you can get it at bestbuy or bestbuy.com for $400. It uses flash memory 4gb
of it, and comes with windows xp. Oh, I accidentally removed the windows
speech recognition engine v5.1. I wanted to see what would happen if I
removed the microsoft windows sdk. Well i removed it and speech recognition
is gone now. So I just have to reinstall it. Oh and when installing there's
a bug that gives exception errors when entering the speech control panel in
xp. To fix it, go to c:\windows\inf\ folder and right click the sapi5.inf
file and choose install from the context menu. When it asks put in an xp
disk and go to the i386 folder choose that folder and then hit the ok button
and sapi5 should be fixed then. Now train the old speech recognition engine
these old softwares have to be trained. And then by using the regional and
language tab you can add speech recognition to widows xp.  But it's not that
great. there's icons in the taskbar and stuff. So if you're gunna do this
then, get a better speech recognition program such as speakToText.

Josh

email: jkenn337@xxxxxxxxx
msn: kenn6498ku@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: jkenn337

Subscribe/Unsubscribe: //freelists.org/list/talk-serotek
or by sending a message to talk-serotek-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe
in the subject line, or unsubscribe in the subject line.

Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/