TalkSerotek: Re: any plans for supporting mozilla firefox in the near future

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 04:26:55 +0100

So if you wander into the mythical internet cafe and approach the pc just like a sighted person,........ if they're not running IE, tough luck. Glad I found out at this stage.

Another advnatage of FF is that it doesn't throw a fit and clamp down on your local machine security zone. It's a bit annoying to have to give clearance to run your own web pages, and takes a registry change to put it right.

This isn't necessary in FF when not so many attacks take place on it.

FF also has some useful accessibility add-ons. If someone has got SAToGo and needs extra speech in FF, at least something like Firevox is there, though it only reads material in the FF window, not menus or dialogs, so you could find yourself seriously lost at the moment. I'm getting the betas for version 3 and hope to point this out to Mozilla. Mozilla are welcoming feedback from visually impaired people at present, so it's a good time to get in there.

Vince.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Aruni" <aruni.oct10@xxxxxxxxx>