TalkSerotek: Re: About limited number of addresses sent or replied to

  • From: Lauro Purcil <lauro.purcil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tb777@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:13:33 -0400

Thanks Tony for the info.

Thee must be a way to go through that situation. As you said, it would be extremely difficult to create another account for my other responsibilities. Furthermore, those unwanted mails can be controlled by those receiving by just deleting them. I belong to several mailing groups and receive dozens and at times hundreds, and of course, I don't read all of them. I just delete those that may not be relevant.

I wish our friends would see the value of removing that limitation.

Lauro
riginal message:
The answer to both of your questions is, No; No, you're not the only
one having this sty in the eye; and, No, it has been mentioned before.
I don't know what the outcome will be but it's another case again where
a spammer or perhaps more than one, has made it hard for the rest of us.
I'm glad that somebody besides me felt one way or the other about it.
It's one thing to send an email to somebody to do small talk and say
Hi; but, when it's part of your job, and you've come to depend on
FreedomBox, now System Access, email, it's really frustrating to be
forced to do it another way. One could just do all their mail through
outlook express or whatever their email client is, but then, that would
do away with the whole purpose of having what we have here and put us
back in the dark ages again.
I, for one, hope there's a workable solution. I'm getting rather tired
of trying to synchronize at least two address books.

Tony

Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/