[tabi] to all state, county, and city employees

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:26:13 -0400

Hi all,

If you use Capitol Health Plan as your health insurance, state employees
(at least) have just been notified that they will no longer cover
prescriptions from Walgreens, as of July 9.  I believe it's January 1 if
you're getting CHP coverage through Medicare.

You will need to move your prescriptions on file with a walgreens
pharmacy to  a caremark participating  pharmacy, which should be listed
at http://www.caremark.com

I believe CVS is one such pharmacy, and they do offer a mail refill
service for "maintenance" medications.  Unlike Walgreens however, they
will not automatically contact your doctor's office with a refill
request for controlled substance prescriptions.

This is very short notice, so I thought the sooner everyone knew, the
sooner you could begin to make other arrangements.