[tabi] survey for blind users of mobile apps and/or web sites

  • From: Chip Orange <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 18:27:41 +0000

Survey info:

My name is Dr. Brian Wentz, and I am an Associate Professor of Management
Information Systems at Shippensburg University. I and Dr. Jonathan Lazar, a
Professor of Computer and Information Sciences at Towson University, are
conducting a web-based survey with users who are blind to learn more about the
impact that website, software, and mobile app updates can have on accessibility
and use. The goal of this research is to compile data regarding the experiences
and problems that blind users encounter that are related to new versions and
updates of apps, software and websites. We are looking for blind participants
who are 18 years of age and older to assist us with this survey.

Survey participants will complete a web-based survey that will take you
between 15 and 45 minutes to complete. The survey will ask you questions about
the devices that you use to access software and the Web as well as experiences
and preferences related to software and website updates, new versions of
software and websites, and security updates.

Participation in this study is voluntary, and you are at liberty to withdraw
your consent to the experiment and discontinue participation at any time
without prejudice. Personal information or accounts will not be used at any
time. You will be entered in a drawing to win one of 4 $25 gift cards.

All information will remain strictly confidential, and once it is coded the
original information will be stored in a locked location in my office at
Shippensburg University.

The survey will be active during June and July, and the following is the link
to the web-based survey:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2162778/Survey-of-Versions-and-Updates-and-Their-Impact-on-Accessibility

Dr. Brian Wentz
Associate Professor of Management Information Systems
Shippensburg University
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg, PA 17257
717-477-1601