[tabi] Re: free account for personal use, on Accessible Event, offer ends December 31

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:48:52 -0500

Thanks Lynn and Liz for the tip; I went and check out the "overview" of
talking communities, and listened to a demo session.

unfortunately, they do not have full duplex conferencing, and the sound
quality I heard was very inferior to that of TeamTalk, which is CD audio
quality, in stereo, with 3d placement simulation (if you want all that).

the shared desktop of talking communities does seem to be similar to
that of Accessible Events, which is a nice feature.  I can't remember
right now if Accessible events is full duplex or not, but for free
usage, they only allow 4 participants, so that puts them out.

I don't know how I could get free usage of Talking Communities, and what
the limitations are on number of participants; Liz, did you mention free
usage through FCB?

assuming I could get free usage, and had a need for a shared desktop,
and more than 4 people, talking communities does seem to be the best
choice.  If I were paying the modest fee, I'd rather use accessible
events, as I think it's full duplex.  If I want just audio and shared
files without shared desktop, I'm still blown away by the capabilities
of TeamTalk.

I hope people will tune in tonight at 8, or any time if you'll contact
me, just so you can see what it's like to talk to one another and have
it sound like you're in the same room.

thanks again for the help in researching all these options.