[tabi] Re: eBooks from Google store

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 19:44:09 -0500

I will get out on some lists and look around.

There are some free e-books there, and they were offered in a format where
you read it using your browser (only one page at a time, then you had to
move the mouse pointer and click on an icon to turn the page).  It was
possible, but not easy, to read a book this way.

the two download formats they offered were epub (I don't know anything about
it, so don't know if the stream will read it or if you can convert it), and
a pdf which was only a scanned image, so not usable without an ocr package
like Kurzweil.

It was pretty disappointing, but maybe folks on the lists will know more.

Chip

  _____