[tabi] Star Metro Meeting

  • From: "Sally Benjamin" <salbenjamin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:25:45 -0400

Hello All,

Yesterday I attended the Star Metro Meeting to represent TCB on the NOVA2010
plan. I am happy to report that all the questions and concerns were covered at
this meeting. We even covered the negative side of things. My take on the new
plan is that it is not that bad and if we work with them it still can change.
The one thing to remember is that it is not a done deal.

Some of the things that were covered were the lack of sidewalks, lack of bus
stops that are accessable to all people, where the buses will go and how far
they will go out. We talked about the safety of parking lots and many more
things. And, they want to increase service to more hours and Sunday and night
time. Again, remember, this is not a done deal and these meetings are for
public imput to see how they can best make it work.  In fact, they have already
made changes just from some public imput.

Sally Benjamin
salbenjamin@xxxxxxxxxxx