[tabi] Good News! LBB has received $2,115 from The Able Trust to buy Macular Degeneration kits of supplies!!!

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:01:16 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am thrilled to share with you that the Lighthouse of the Big Bend
has just received a check for $2,115 from The Able Trust to purchase
Macular Degeneration training supply “Low Vision Kits” for clients who
are dealing with AMD. Here is what we will be buying with the funding:

 All current and several new clients with Macular Degeneration will
receive a kit and training from the staff on how to use each item:
Large print information on Macular Degeneration, Low Vision essentials
bundle: signature guide, check guide, envelope guide, letter guide,
bold-line writing paper, a dozen different bump dots, an Amsler Grid
card used to monitor one's vision, Bold 20/20 Pens, a Talking Clock, a
Talking Watch, and a Message Memo Recorder.

--
Lighthouse of the Big Bend
Guiding People Through Vision Loss