[tabi] FW: Portable Visualtek

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 11:40:20 -0400

Hi all,

Allison sent me the following note in case I thought it should be posted on
TABI; it looks like another option for low-vision magnification, but nice in
that it has components for close work and for far viewing:

Chip

--------

________________________________

I was looking for magnifying glasses for craft projects and turned this up.
If i understand correctly, this would work like a handheld visualtek.  the
company is zeiss and they are known for good quality glasses and such.  Here
is a short description and a pdf link.  Let me know if you have trouble
reading it and i'd be happy to read it to you.  chip, your tabi people might
be interested in this product.:
http://www.zeiss.com/C125716F004E0776/0/955015450B04726AC12573080038210C/$Fi
le/inno17_e_4649.pdf

The complete, battery-operated

system consists of ergonomically designed

display glasses, an operating

unit designed for low-vision patients,

a handheld camera for up close and

a head-worn camera for distant objects.