[swn] Scheme Weekly News for 2003-06-30

  • From: MJ Ray <mjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: swn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:57:29 +0100 (BST)

Scheme Weekly News for 2003-06-30

        This is a round-up of news and announcements related to the
        Scheme programming language, mostly taken from newsgroups,
        mailing lists and web sites that I'm aware of.  Feel free to
        send me more.  The aim is to publish in multiple formats on the
        web each week, but more on that very soon.  (Date: 2003-06-30)
        (Compiled by: MJ Ray)

GNU TeXmacs 1.0.1.16

        GNU TeXmacs is a free scientific document editor inspired by
        TeX and Emacs, but implemented using Guile Scheme.  This release
        improves table alignment and continues the code reorganisation.

SRFI 39 Final

        Scheme Request for Implementation 39 "Parameter objects" by Marc
        Feeley has been finalised.

snd 6.10

        snd is a sound editor using gtk+ and Guile.  This release contains
        many bug-fixes and restructuring, much work on mixing, and checks
        against gtk/glib 2.2.2

GNU TeXmacs 1.0.1.15

        GNU TeXmacs is a structured document editor inspired by LaTeX
        and Emacs, but developed using Guile.  This release fixes some
        bugs, improves the LaTeX export and Octave interface, and updates
        Portuguese language support.

STklos 0.55

        STklos is an R5RS implementation using an ad-hoc VM, available
        as a library too.  This is a GTK+ descendant of the Tk-using
        STk and a minor bug-fix release.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@xxxxxxxxx
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."