[swcomputerclub] Microsoft Lifecam VX 2000

  • From: "tedd szalay" <tszalay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <swcomputerclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:10:19 -0400

Ok
 I admit it .I'm an amateur.
Problem
 I bought a Microsoft lifecam Vx 2000 which was supposedely able to work with
my microsoft XP system , so I could visually Skype with the grandkids.
 Well it didn't work
Then I was told that I had to have a Service Pack 2 add on?? if it was to work.
Is this true and what is SP 2?
I was advised that all I had to do is install the disk program that came with
it, and follow the instructions namely ,when prompted plug the webcam into a
USB port.
Well that didn't work cause I  assume I didn't have SP2 with my XP program
 So have I interpreted the issue correctly???
 Solution ,
Buy SP2 and upload I think???