[sustainableri] Fwd: 3 Ways to Kick-Off the Community Garden Season!

  • From: "Dauna J. Noble" <daunajean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sustainableri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:40:32 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Erika, Community Garden Network <gardennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Subject: 3 Ways to Kick-Off the Community Garden Season!
To: Erika Rumbley <gardennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

PROVIDENCE COMMUNITY GARDENERS,

The Urban Agriculture Spring Kick-Off is coming up Saturday, February 26th!
Hosted at Roger Williams Park Botanical
Center<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=roger+williams+park+botanical+center&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&hq=Roger+Williams+Park+Botanical+Center&hnear=Roger+Williams+Park+Botanical+Center,+Providence,+Rhode+Island+02905&z=14>,
the Kick-Off is a full afternoon of gardening workshops, snacks and local
music. *Here are THREE ways to help us pull off this community
event.*Please share the news with everyone in your community garden!

*1. HELP MAKE BANNERS!*
Come tomorrow, Tuesday March 15th, for our last breakfast before the
Kick-Off. Meet a fabulous group of gardeners, make banners, and eat
delicious pastries. Join the fun at the Southside Community Land Trust, 109
Somerset
Street<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=109+somerset+st,+Providence,+RI&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=109+Somerset+St,+Providence,+Rhode+Island+02907&gl=us&z=16>.
9-10:30 am.

*2. VOLUNTEER AT THE KICK-OFF*!
We're looking for help running the popcorn machine, giving out seeds and
greeting gardeners at the door. If you're musical, we also have a slot for
one more local music act! Together, we are going to host an incredible
party! Email Erika at gardennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 273-9419 ext:
30 to volunteer!

*3. SPREAD THE WORD!*
Our posters are hot-off-the-presses. You'll find one *attached*. Please
spread the word to your fellow gardeners, friends and neighbors. With a full
afternoon of gardening workshops on everything from Urban Chickens to
Rainwater Collection to Seed Starting, there will be something for everyone.
Admission is $5. Free for Community Gardeners and Kids!

Thanks!
Erika

--
Erika Rumbley
Community Garden Network Coordinator

*2011 marks our 30th anniversary! *
Share your stories, get involved, find out more on our 30th
website<http://www.southsideclt.org/30years>
.*
Southside Community Land Trust: Still growing after all these years. *