[sunflowernwatch] Two Separate Crime Watch Incidents

  • From: lapotias@xxxxxxx
  • To: sunflowernwatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:10:05 -0500 (EST)

Block captains,
Below please find two separate crime watch incidents reported to me today.
TYPE OF CRIME: Theft
TIME: ca. 8-12 A.M.
DATE: 11/23/11
LOCATION: 7000 Block of West Amber Ridge Way
CIRCUMSTANCE: An American flag with pole was reported stolen from a residence. Police report was filed.

TYPE OF CRIME: Theft
TIME:Not Known
DATE: 11/22/11
LOCATION; 9000 block of North Cottage Garden Place
CIRCUMSTANCE: The garage door was opened along with the cabinets; The car was "rifled through"; car door left ajar; battery dead. Police report was filed.

A tip- If you or any residents see someone who looks suspicious, i.e. that they don't reasonably appear to belong in our community, and if you feel comfortable doing so, ask them if they need assistance. If they tell you "no," you might tell them that the reason you are asking is that we have an extensive crime watch program in Sunflower and all of us are trained to observe strangers. If they are up to no good (scouting out vacant homes for example) you have put them on notice without prying into their circumstance.
Once again, if you have any questions- please feel free to contact me.
Armand 572-2216
lapotias@xxxxxxx