[suncommunity] SunVTS and serial port probing

  • From: dgilbert@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Sun Community Forum <suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:28:38 +0100

This message was sent from: Sun Community Forum.
<http://www.gekkou.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=566&t=566>

When I try to run SunVTS 5.1 on my blade 100 it hangs. A truss indicates
that it is hanging  indefinitely when probing the serial port. SunVTS runs
when I start it with the noprobe flag and the serial port works fine
through a modem. Booting with the console redirected to ttya does not work
either, irrespective of booting to disk or cdrom - once again the probe of
the port by the OBP seems to hang. Has anyone seen this before, or do you
think it is just a bad serial port? I thought I'd ask before ordering a new
motherboard.

Doug Gilbert
Akibia
dgilbert@xxxxxxxxxx