[suncommunity] Re: Seagate Barracuda V 120 GB 8mb Cache

  • From: Ajay Sapre <ajay_sapre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 08:29:15 -0700 (PDT)

                   I too had problems with WD 120. While copying big datafiles
(around 750MB each) its used to give intermittent I/O Error,Disk not
available.That's why I am looking into Seagate.
Derek <jabbourdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:This message was sent from: Sun
Community Forum.

I have been using the WD 120 8mb cache. We have had 5 out of 10 fail so far.
We are using Veritas 3.5 for mirroring. How long has anyone had theirs
running with these drives? My ultra 5's run fine with them, the sunblade
100's are a different story.
Derek