[suncommunity] Re: [Q] CDE file manager replace app? (or associate file type in CDE file manag

  • From: larye@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Sun Community Forum <suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:14:12 +0100

This message was sent from: Sun Community Forum.
<http://www.gekkou.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2713&t=2708>

 > I'm looking for an application that could replace CDE's file manager.
> I like CDE, so don't want to switch to any other windows manager --
> I just need a better file manager application,
>that I could change file type association with application.

> Or, does anyone know how to change file association in CDE's file
manager?
> For example, if I click on .java file, I'd like to execute different text
editor than default one.

The sdtfiletypes utility allows you to modify or add file type associations
in CDE.  You can create new icons for your association with dticon.

Sent using Phorum software version 3.4.4 <http://phorum.org>