[sugpro] Re: Srm nozzle throat size

  • From: Steve Peterson <steve_peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:02:16 -0800

Hey Dan,

I can't answer the first question since I don't actually use SRM, but the calcs it does are pretty accurate--the real question will be how accurate/reliable is your construction? The safe thing to do, if you've never tested a motor before, is to start with a load cell that is capable of much more thrust than you anticipate your motor will produce, especially if/when it CATOs.

--Steve

On 02/17/2015 09:35 AM, Dan Harrison wrote:
Hello ,I'm looking to find some info on using Richard nakka's srm.
  Is there a way to change the nozzle throat size to match my motor? I tried
using the nozzle erosion box but I'm not sure if that is the right way to do it.

How accurate is srm ? I realize there are a lot of variables .but generally
speaking if it calculates 25 lbs max thrust is that  usually close to what it
will measure on a test stand? The reason I ask is I'm building a test stand and
I want to make sure I put the correct load cell on  for my first test.

Thanks,

Dan