[USS Suffolk] Suffolk NRPG Status Report #6 : Preparations

  • From: whitestar77 <whitestar77@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gibxfor-nrpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, suffolk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 21:58:06 -0800

Suffolk crewmates and friends...

 Things are progressing well. Assuming this continues, and we get all
of our arrivals taken care of this week, we'll be able to get to our
mission next week. (On that front, I'm currently working on a JP with
two of you; if anyone else would like to do the ship part of their
arrival as a JP with me, just send me a draft, I've got the time.)

 At this point I'd like to announce the last of the new additions to
our crew: Rodney Paris, of the Kusanagi, who will be playing our
Marine officer. (Character yet to be named, but from what I've heard,
he/she should be rather interesting....)

 Also, it's been brought to my attention that there's another listserv
out there, other than Yahoogroups. Given that we're so reliant on it,
I figured it would be a good idea to have a backup; thus, I've created
one at 'suffolk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'. This backup list is designed for both
RPG and NRPG posts; my idea for its use was the following: Should a
post you wrote ever be seriously delayed (more than a few hours) in
its distribution by Yahoogroups, please resend it through Freelists.
Thus, we'll have it to use as a backup, but we won't be getting
unnecessary duplicates of everything. ALL posts should still be sent
through Yahoogroups first; Freelists is for use only when Yahoogroups
is down or slow.

 (I'm sending *this* post through both lists, as a test of the new
Freelists list, so you SHOULD recieve two copies. If you don't, please
let me know.)

 One last thing - please ensure that I have an updated copy of your
bio as soon as possible. I will then distribute a full set to all of
us, and that way everyone will have updated versions for reference
use.

- Charles Jencks
Cmdr Christophe A. Boulanger, CO, USS Suffolk