[studiorecorder] Steps to recreate recording problems

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sr" <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:20:56 -0500

OK, perhaps this is a strange thing to do, but this is what I did and what
happened.

I recorded a file. I went back and deleted a part of the file, and then went
to the end and pressed F6 after checking the status to see that I was at the
end. I did this numerous times and it worked.

The problem occurred when ai did the following.

Since this was recorded as a stereo file but I was only recording in the
left channel. I selected the total file, pressed control L to select the
left channel, and pressed control D to copy it to a new file. I played a
part of this file.

I then went back to the original file, went to the end, checked the status
line and started recording. It put this last recording at the beginning of
the original file.

I think I just figured out the problem. I tried the same steps again, this
time. When I went back to the original file after doing the above mentioned
steps, I pressed C to make sure nothing was selected. It worked like a
charm.

So I believe the creation of that second file was not the problem. I
believe, instead, that when you try to record a file which has everything
selected, it will put the next recording of that file you make at the
beginning and not at the end.

Of course, I could always record in mono and not have to do what I did to
select the left channel and creat another mono file with it, but if I did
that, I would hear both tracks of my mixer, one of which is silent and thus
I would add the floor noise of that channel to the mono recording.

Rob, is this any clearer than mud?

Neal