[ST:FAB] [Sun][80711.24] SAR-Prize! :: SgtMnCGMudd

  • From: loverobin@xxxxxxx
  • To: stfab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 02:08:36 -0500

Well, if'n ya must know... The name comes from various era's of ST and
Terran history. The family name of Mudd comes from the Star Trek episode
"Mudd's

Women".  Harcourt Fenton "Harry" Mudd, who's somewhat dubious past was
uncovered by Capt. Kirk in the 1st encounter. As the ST Encyclopedia states,
he's an
"Interstellar rogue, con man, and general ne'er-do-well". In his second
encounter "Harry" had escaped authorities and established a "technical
information service" selling the rights to the Vulcan fuel synthesizer to the
Denebians. He ends up attempting to commandeer the Enterprise. When last seen
"Harry"
was left on a Class-K planet in the Andromeda Galaxy.

The nickname "Crapgame" comes from the character in the movie "Kelly's
Hero's", played by Don Rickles. Known only as SSgt Crapgame in the movie he
plays
a character that reminds me of me when I was in the Navy. Not as well
connected as him.. but while in Key West and awaiting school and then my next
assignment I was placed in X-Division. A division of men with nothing to do but

wait for there next assignments and given menial tasks and duties while
waiting.
I was assigned to the supply group and while there worked with 2  Petty
Officers and a LT. While waiting, the Navy started giving "early outs" for  4
and 6
year enlistee's. The 2 Petty Officers were off like a prom dress and I  was
stuck there with the LT. He had no clue as to what was going on. He was
concerned with his used car business he had on the side. I therefore dealt with

1st
Class PO's and Chiefs in obtaining supplies for their barracks and other
"needs". Some.. in line with strict Navy tradition.. and others.. well.. I
mean..who ever heard of ordering a office desk set, plush rugs, and designer
curtains for a barracks? This one 1st Class BM ( Bosun's Mate) Brown wanted
these
things for his "elite" 3rd floor group. Well now.. these items were  not easy
to come by..and what was MY take in all of this. I mean..car wax to use  as a
floor wax? When you got to the 3rd floor of HIS barracks, you stopped  at the
landing and took your shoes off and put on your slippers (also ordered
special) to walk the rest of your way to your room. Living up there was the
equivalent to living at a plush hotel in the civie world. Ahhh yes..the good
old

fashion world of bribes, kickbacks and "deals"... been there..did that, I'm
well

suited for this roll.

"Hey Capt.. I got them Terran "Cuban" cigars for ya... But.. they might be
delayed in getting here. You know.. I really could use a secure com channel
tonight to work a deal with my contacts for some Surian Brandy. But.. I need a
Command passcode to get the channel... Might be able to push up the time table
 on them cigars....??"

products.

-------------------------------1195801553

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16544" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>Well, if'n ya must know... The name comes from various era's of ST and=20
Terran history. The family name of Mudd comes from the Star Trek episode "Mu=
dd's=20
Women".  Harcourt Fenton "Harry" Mudd, who's somewhat dubious past was=20
uncovered by Capt. Kirk in the 1st encounter. As the ST Encyclopedia states,=
=20
he's an "Interstellar rogue, con man, and general ne'er-do-well". In his sec=
ond=20
encounter "Harry" had escaped authorities and established a "technical=20
information service" selling the rights to the Vulcan fuel synthesizer to th=
e=20
Denebians. He ends up attempting to commandeer the Enterprise. When last see=
n=20
"Harry" was left on a Class-K planet in the Andromeda Galaxy.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The nickname "Crapgame" comes from the character in the movie "Kelly's=20
Hero's", played by Don Rickles. Known only as SSgt Crapgame in the movie he=20
plays a character that reminds me of me when I was in the Navy. Not as well=20
connected as him.. but while in Key West and awaiting school and then my nex=
t=20
assignment I was placed in X-Division. A division of men with nothing to do=20=
but=20
wait for there next assignments and given menial tasks and duties while=
=20
waiting. I was assigned to the supply group and while there worked with=
 2=20
Petty Officers and a LT. While waiting, the Navy started giving "early outs"=
 for=20
4 and 6 year enlistee's. The 2 Petty Officers were off like a prom dress and=
 I=20
was stuck there with the LT. He had no clue as to what was going on. He was=20
concerned with his used car business he had on the side. I therefore dealt w=
ith=20
1st Class PO's and Chiefs in obtaining supplies for their barracks and other=
=20
"needs". Some.. in line with strict Navy tradition.. and others.. well.. I=20
mean..who ever heard of ordering a office desk set, plush rugs, and designer=
=20
curtains for a barracks? This one 1st Class BM ( Bosun's Mate) Brown wa=
nted=20
these things for his "elite" 3rd floor group. Well now.. these items we=
re=20
not easy to come by..and what was MY take in all of this. I mean..car wax to=
 use=20
as a floor wax? When you got to the 3rd floor of HIS barracks, you stop=
ped=20
at the landing and took your shoes off and put on your slippers (also ordere=
d=20
special) to walk the rest of your way to your room. Living up there was=
 the=20
equivalent to living at a plush hotel in the civie world. Ahhh yes..the good=
 old=20
fashion world of bribes, kickbacks and "deals"... been there..did that, I'm=20=
well=20
suited for this roll.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>"Hey Capt.. I got them Terran "Cuban" cigars for ya... But.. they might=
 be=20
delayed in getting here. You know.. I really could use a secure com channel=20
tonight to work a deal with my contacts for some Surian Brandy. But.. I need=
 a=20
Command passcode to get the channel... Might be able to push up the time tab=
le=20
on them cigars....??"</DIV></FONT><BR><BR><BR><DIV><FONT style=3D"color: bla=
ck; font: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><HR style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 10px">Chec=
k out AOL Money & Finance's list of the <A title=3D"http://money.aol.com/spe=
cial/hot-products-2007?NCID=3Daoltop00030000000001" href=3D"http://money.aol=
.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=3Daoltop00030000000001" target=3D"_blank=
">hottest products</A> and <A title=3D"http://money.aol.com/top5/general/way=
s-you-are-wasting-money?NCID=3Daoltop00030000000002" href=3D"http://money.ao=
l.com/top5/general/ways-you-are-wasting-money?NCID=3Daoltop00030000000002" t=
arget=3D"_blank">top money wasters</A> of 2007.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

// eompost 47467BFB:429E.1:fgsno

http://mail.aol.com