[steemupdate] Warning, Virus!

  • From: "Steem Authors" <russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Steem Update" <steemupdate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:10:02 +0100

The last message on the Steem update mailing list is a virus. It hasn't been
sent by us, it is the Klez virus that uses a faked "From" address to fool
mail servers. Do not open the message, delete it immediately. If you think
you may have been infected use an up to date anti-virus program to do a full
check of your system.

Full details of the 2 possible varieties of the virus (I'm not sure which
one of these it was) can be found here:

Win32.Klez.H  http://www3.ca.com/Virus/Virus.asp?ID=11779
Win32.Klez.E  http://www3.ca.com/virus/virus.asp?ID=10771

I apologise for this problem, it is nothing we can do anything about, if it
happens again I will be forced to change the way the list can be posted to
or I may have to re-create this list entirely.

Sincerely,
Russell Hayward

--
Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/