Re: [steem] test. test. ;-)

  • From: "Stefan Jeworowski" <stefan.email@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:35:52 +0200

Oops, yes I am!

I composed some YM-chip music with my self-written player during my Atari ST
time,
doing some game-music also, mainly for the game 'Spherical'.

I didn't expect someone to remember my name, so thank you! ;-)

Since I've discovered Steem a few days ago, I am very thrilled about it.
It is the first emu I tested (and I did test a lot) that runs both games AND
applications,
just the way it should be.

It is also the first emulator, that survives hitting the 'play' button on
the 24 track midi
composing software I wrote during more than five years and composed many
songs with.
(I blocked some interrupts and accessed the MIDI hardware directly to save
CPU time...)
Thanks to the midi output selection of Steem I can listen to my old midi
songs, and the
timing is amazingly stable and accurate!

Currently I am working on the source code of a nice game I wrote that was
never
published commercially. Its a think-and-shoot-up game called 'Monster
mission' with
lots of tricky levels. Since all graphics was made by me, it's not a great
looking Arcade Game,
but its still nice, oldfashioned entertainment. ;-)

When I'm done, I think I will put it somewhere online, for all you old and
new
Atari ST fans to enjoy.
And since it makes sense, now there is Steem - I think of publishing my midi
composer ( called 'MIDIplay' ) also, maybe after doing some updates and
preparing some documentation (it's quite powerful and complex.)

Cheers,
Stefan