Re: [stamp] Features list

  • From: "Webmaster, team 180" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:57:43 -0400

I see a few problems happening. What if a team is using the internet at
a hotel and the ports are blocked or something? There should be
connection settings. Also, what happens if data is being transfered to
the server and over-writing someone's old data and the person looses an
internet connection? Will both sets of data be lost or made unusable? A
backup should probably be kept on the server in case a transfer fails.
Also, allow a way for the data to be saved to a disk on the client's end.

Also, maybe a print function so if a team wants to print a list of all
teams in oder by rank or order by name or number, they could. Maybe if
they could somehow export the information to an Excel spreadsheet, they
could then customize the information and add columns before printing.

What if a team wants to store their data on their own server, maybe if
they trust it more or just have plenty of space?

That's a few of my ideas. Hope it helps.

5

--
-Jon
Web Site Team Leader

--
Unless otherwise noted the content of this message is licensed under a:
Creative Commons Attribution, Share Alike License. CreativeCommons.org

------=_Part_46087_32342544.1130278569213

I have forwarded the message bellow for <a href=3D"mailto:webmaster@spamrob=
otics.com">webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>, please subscribe yourself.<br>
=3D"gmail_quote">From: <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">FreeLists Mailing List=
 Manager</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>ecartis@freelists=
.org</a>
&gt;<br>Date: Oct 25, 2005 12:57 PM<br>Subject: stamp: <a href=3D"mailto:we=
bmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a> post needs approva=
l<br>To: <a href=3D"mailto:stamp-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>stamp-moderators=
@freelists.org
 on, and<br>was marked for moderation due to the following reason:<br>Non-m=
ember submission to closed-post list.<br><br>To approve this message and ha=
ve it go out on the list, forward this to
 'delpost'.<br>If you wish to edit the post, change it to 'modpost' and edi=
t the message
 DELETE THE FOLLOWING LINE.&nbsp;&nbsp;Ecartis needs it.<br>// apppost 435E=
8E45:1B9F.1:fgnzc<br><br>From <a href=3D"mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"=
>webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;Tue Oct 25 14:57:57 2005<br>Return-Path: &lt;<a href=3D"mai=
lto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&gt;<br>X-Ori=
ginal-To: <a href=3D"mailto:stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</a><br=
 from localhost (localhost [<a href=3D"http://127.0.0.1";>127.0.0.1</a>])<br=
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;by
chnologies Mail Multiplex) with ESMTP id
0CD5420F231<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;for &lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&gt;; Tue, 25 Oct=
 2005 14:57:57 -0500 (EST)<br>Received: from <a href=3D"http://turing.freel=
ists.org">turing.freelists.org</a> ([<a href=3D"http://127.0.0.1";>
127.0.0.1</a>])<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;by local=
host (turing [<a href=3D"http://127.0.0.1";>127.0.0.1</a>]) (amavisd-new, po=
rt 10024)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;with ESMTP id =
07066-03 for &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=
</a>&gt;;
56 -0500 (EST)<br>Received: from <a href=3D"http://srv2.sevaa.com";>srv2.sev=
a href=3D"http://66.98.242.80";>66.98.242.80
</a>])<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;by
chnologies Mail Multiplex) with ESMTP id
59D0020EA18<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;for &lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&gt;; Tue, 25 Oct=
 2005 14:57:56 -0500 (EST)<br>X-ClientAddr: <a href=3D"http://70.146.6.51";>=
192.168.1.11</a>] (<a href=3D"http://adsl-146-6-51.mia.bellsouth.net";>adsl-=
146-6-51.mia.bellsouth.net</a> [<a href=3D"http://70.146.6.51";>70.146.6.51<=
/a>])<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(authenticated bit=
s=3D0)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;by <a href=3D"htt=
p://srv2.sevaa.com">
srv2.sevaa.com</a> (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id j9PJvk7i007836<br>&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;for &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:stamp@f=
reelists.org">stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&gt;; Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:57:53 -0400<=
br>Message-ID: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:435E8E37.8040900@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>
435E8E37.8040900@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&gt;<br>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:57:4=
3 -0400<br>From: &quot;Webmaster, team 180&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:webm=
aster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&gt;<br>User-Agent: M=
ozilla Thunderbird=20
1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)<br>X-Accept-Language: en-us, en<br>MIME-Version: 1=
.0<br>To: <a href=3D"mailto:stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</a><br=
>Subject: Re: [stamp] Features list<br>References: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:3C=
C3B29C237A7D478896F96490D6B44D028603CF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">
3CC3B29C237A7D478896F96490D6B44D028603CF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&gt=
;<br>In-Reply-To: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:3CC3B29C237A7D478896F96490D6B44D028=
603CF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">3CC3B29C237A7D478896F96490D6B44D028603CF=
@neen-mail-003.na.plexus.com
</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3DISO-8859-1; format=3Dflowed=
ase contact the ISP for more information<br>X-Sevaa-MailScanner: Not scanne=
d: please contact your Internet E-Mail Service Provider for details
ster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a><br>X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-new-20030616-p9 (D=
 a few problems happening. What if a team is using the internet at
ection settings. Also, what happens if data is being transfered to<br>the s=
erver and over-writing someone's old data and the person looses an<br>inter=
net connection? Will both sets of data be lost or made unusable? A
br>Also, allow a way for the data to be saved to a disk on the client's end=
.<br><br>Also, maybe a print function so if a team wants to print a list of=
 all
br>they could somehow export the information to an Excel spreadsheet, they<=
br>could then customize the information and add columns before printing.
res discussed<br>&gt; on Thursday at the team 93 meeting. We have three stu=
dents who are<br>&gt; dedicated to working on this from now until the first=
 competition. The
 made<br>&gt; a list of pages to design and got about half way through sket=
ching up<br>&gt; concepts. After next Thursday's meeting we will post all t=
he pages we
; Please, anyone, add more features as desired. It is best to know up<br>
&gt; front everything we could envision so the program can be designed such=
te<br>&gt; enough list, we can decide on the minimum features required and =
divide
te accounts for each person entering data so data can be traced to<br>&gt; =
a source.<br>&gt; -Allow for teams to enter robot info online before event =
and at event
 scouting: select the robot then select the score, penalty,<br>&gt; action,=
 etc<br>&gt; -(Game dependant) Top-down view of field with clickable areas =
and
ndant) inputs for WORKING functionality (dropdown box with<br>&gt; option t=
o add new line item?)<br>&gt; -(Game dependant) inputs for WORKING autonomo=
us functionality (dropdown
o last entry, also need to display exactly what was<br>&gt; undone<br>&gt; =
-Automatically load match lists<br>&gt; -Next match button will load teams =
into correct alliance
o not allow editing of previous matches (end match button?)<br>&gt;<br>&gt;=
&gt; -Display data in merged database should highlight discrepancies among<=
br>&gt; databases<br>&gt; -Stat sheets for individual robots, also includes=
 team entered stats<br>&gt; (speed, gearing, abilities), mark with * to den=
ote this is team
ing<br>&gt; scouting (this doesn't have to be included in one-page print ve=
rsion of<br>&gt; stat sheet).<br>&gt; - Configurable ranking page (where us=
er can sort all the bots based on
on<br>&gt; functional abilities to help find best alliance partners)<br>&gt=
; - (Game dependant) Match Prediction (input team(s) info and it will give
e)<br>&gt; - Strength of schedule portion of ranking page(based on how all =
of your<br>&gt; teammates and opponents did on their other matches shows ho=
w hard your
 -MySQL database<br>&gt; -PHP Web interface so no client software required<=
br>&gt; -Tabbed navigation between pages (no dropdown menus!)<br>&gt; -Palm=
 compatible interface (may have to limit some functionality, this
red but internet connection not<br>&gt; required.&nbsp;&nbsp;(i.e. the data=
 can be easily uploaded from the LAN server<br>&gt; sitting in the stands a=
t a competition to a web server at a later time.
et<br>&gt; server for their scouting so the local database and internet dat=
abase<br>&gt; would have to be merged)<br>&gt; -wireless connection in stan=
ds and in pits. Use 2 servers if necessary
bases for different teams (if they want to<br>&gt; only use their own scout=
ing data or compare to other teams' data)<br>&gt; -Function for merging dat=
a between different databases
y AVG Free Edition.<br>&gt; Version: 7.1.361 / Virus Database: 267.12.4/146=
S.P.A.M. Robotics - FRC Team 180<br><a href=3D"http://spamrobotics.com/";>ht=
 otherwise noted the content of this message is licensed under a:
ommons.org<br>Blog: <a href=3D"http://blog.freedomdown.net/";>http://blog.fr=
eedomdown.net/</a>

------=_Part_46087_32342544.1130278569213--