[stamp] Re: STAMP Features and Functionality

  • From: Brandon Ripley <Brandon.Ripley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:14:28 -0500

My concern with the internet connection is that there has to be an easy
interface to take the data on your local server, say, sitting in the stands
at the competition, and upload it to an internet server so more people have
easy access. I have never tried to merge MySQL databases, so I do not know
if there is an easy, built-in interface or if we need to come up with a
simple script to do that. If we can restrict it as such, we could just do a
copy/replace, but I could see a user inadvertently messing that up and now
he/she has two databases that need to be merged. Along similar lines, do we
want to allow for multiple people/teams scouting the same team in a match?
It would be nice for redundancy and eliminating bias, but how would we merge
that data before entering it into the database? If there is discrepancy, how
would we alleviate it?

Do other people have more feature requests? Next week Thursday I will pose
this question to our scouting team from last year to see if they can come up
with more requirements.

Brandon