[stamp] Features list

  • From: Brandon Ripley <Brandon.Ripley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:29:32 -0500

Stampers:

Below are all the features discussed so far plus new features discussed on
Thursday at the team 93 meeting. We have three students who are dedicated to
working on this from now until the first competition. The four of us
brainstormed and below are the results of that. We also made a list of pages
to design and got about half way through sketching up concepts. After next
Thursday's meeting we will post all the pages we think are required and what
content should be on them. These will be a starting point open for debate
and improvement.

Please, anyone, add more features as desired. It is best to know up front
everything we could envision so the program can be designed such that the
features can be easily added later. Once we have a complete enough list, we
can decide on the minimum features required and divide up the tasks from
there.

DATA INPUT:
-create accounts for each person entering data so data can be traced to a
source.
-Allow for teams to enter robot info online before event and at event
-Comment field for each robot during each match
-Per-robot scouting: select the robot then select the score, penalty,
action, etc
-(Game dependant) Top-down view of field with clickable areas and selection
boxes for inputting points real-time
-(Game dependant) inputs for WORKING functionality (dropdown box with option
to add new line item?)
-(Game dependant) inputs for WORKING autonomous functionality (dropdown box
with option to add new line item?)
-Undo button to undo last entry, also need to display exactly what was
undone
-Automatically load match lists
-Next match button will load teams into correct alliance
-Manually enter match number to go to a specific match?
-Do not allow editing of previous matches (end match button?)

DATA DISPLAY:
-Allow viewing data without an account
-Display data in merged database should highlight discrepancies among
databases
-Stat sheets for individual robots, also includes team entered stats (speed,
gearing, abilities), mark with * to denote this is team supplied, include
general comments about robot from other teams doing scouting (this doesn't
have to be included in one-page print version of stat sheet).
- Configurable ranking page (where user can sort all the bots based on the
data inputted)(Display all matches stats with weighted scores on functional
abilities to help find best alliance partners)
- (Game dependant) Match Prediction (input team(s) info and it will give a
rundown goals etc for each individual bot and alliance as a whole)
- Strength of schedule portion of ranking page(based on how all of your
teammates and opponents did on their other matches shows how hard your
schedule was

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
-MySQL database
-PHP Web interface so no client software required
-Tabbed navigation between pages (no dropdown menus!)
-Palm compatible interface (may have to limit some functionality, this is
more of a nice-to-have)
-LAN connection to server required but internet connection not required.
(i.e. the data can be easily uploaded from the LAN server sitting in the
stands at a competition to a web server at a later time. Someone may be have
an internet connection and be using the internet server for their scouting
so the local database and internet database would have to be merged)
-wireless connection in stands and in pits. Use 2 servers if necessary and
manually transfer data?
-allow different scouting databases for different teams (if they want to
only use their own scouting data or compare to other teams' data)
-Function for merging data between different databases
-administrator account for merging and fixing discrepancies

Brandon Ripley
Design Engineer
Plexus
920-969-6267