[ssug-malappuram] Re: [fsug-tvm] [X-post] Invitation to FOSSMeet 2014

  • From: Pirate Praveen <pravi.a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-tvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:45:57 +0530

[Anoop, note the new address of smc]

> Hello,
>
> Hope all of you are aware of FOSSMeet, the premier Free Software event in
> Kerala organized by NIT Calicut annually.
>
> FOSSMeet is not just an event for Free Software developers to come around
> and sit in technical presentations, seminars and workshops but it is also
> is an opportunity for Free Software activists across Kerala to come
> together for 3 days, connect with each other, have fun and at the same time
> brainstorm for other Free Software activities for the rest of the year. It
> was during a FOSSMeet that we charted out the plan for the FreedomWalk
> campaign (http://www.freedomwalk.in). So I know that it works. NIT Calicut
> has a beautiful campus and it would be a worthwhile experience spending the
> 3 days at the campus thinking of nothing but FOSS.

Yes, it is a great place to plan upcoming events. It is during one of
the foss meets me and Sooraj planned to conduct SMC camps across
Kerala.

We also had a chamba camp there. We also planned savepoddery.com
campaign last year.

> This year's FOSSMeet is going to be held from 14th to 16th of February at
> NIT Calicut. I will be presenting a session on Drupal on the 15th. You can
> see the schedule at - http://fossmeet.in/2014/. More importantly I am
> looking forward to meeting and connecting with new Free Software activists
> from across Kerala. You can register online or walk in and register at the
> event. The sessions have limited seats so you might want to register online
> to book the seats. You could also walk in and register at the event if you
> are not able to register online.
>
> I know that this is probably a bit late to send this invitation for booking
> railway tickets but I think you would still be able to get tatkal tickets
> for the event. Of course you could get general tickets and sit / stand and
> travel and come for the event, it would still be worth it :-)
>
> Look forward to seeing at least some of you at the event.

Looking forward to meeting you. Also I look forward to building a team
to run few more communication infra ourselves (we have a diaspora
instance at poddery.com run by our community, I would like email and
email lists added to that - not just Free Software, but beating google
services in features as well. GroupServer.net, mailpile.is and zimbra
looks good to me.)

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your rights