[ssug-malappuram] Re: [MES-FSUG] Workshop on Elementary Techniques in Programming on 15 December 2010

  • From: ck raju <ck.thrissur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 22:58:04 +0530

Musfir,
If we had teachers from other departments as part of this workshop, I think
your proposal would have been perfect. I believe every department has
qualified teachers who can handle such topics. Our sessions are focussed on
providing individual attention, something that usually goes missing in a
regular lab session. So for most of us (teachers) in the department, it
would be a learning exercise - where teachers learn how to engage and
provide individual attention, and students learn how to take the first steps
correctly and make most such steps, right, every time thereafter.

But someday, we'll get all those members together and have sessions going in
the main auditorium. We are now testing it for a sample, on a smaller scale.

We need to encourage people to join the list and be members to discuss and
debate. Spreading information like these through word of mouth appears to be
far more appealing than circulating a note before strangers.