[ssug-malappuram] Re: [MES-FSUG] Small project idea: make creating bootable usb drives easy

  • From: Jaseem Abid <jaseemabid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsug <mes-fsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 23:46:44 +0530

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw this post on making live usb boot
> https://joindiaspora.com/posts/2350682 I think it would be easier if
> there is an interface from nautilus itself to do it. Like there is
> already a write to disk option, it should have an option to make a
> bootable USB too. If we have images like debian live which are
> iso-hybrids (works as usb boot and cd/dvd boot at the same time), we
> can just use dd. But other images may need integrating unetbootin
> program. Anyone up to try this?

You can add context menus (things you see when you right click)
to particular files and folders in nautilus and thunar pretty easliy which
get the file in effect as an argument etc. This might be possible with
content menus and DD command alone I guess.

Checkout Edit ->'Configure custom actions' in thunar for simple examples.

--
Regards,

Jaseem Abid
github.com/jaseemabid