[ssug-malappuram] Fwd: [ifsa] AmazonMP3 opens to GNU/Linux

  • From: "Praveen A" <pravi.a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Malappuram SSUG" <ssug-malappuram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 20:34:19 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: २००८ मार्च ३ ०९:४५
Subject: [ifsa] AmazonMP3 opens to GNU/Linux
To: BinaryFreedom <independentfreesoftwareactivists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

AmazonMP3 is now offering a GNU/Linux clients for Ubuntu, Debian,
 Fedora, and OpenSUSE (http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/help/amd.html).
 This is very good news, as it means being able to buy DRM-free music
 from all major labels without having to use wine.  Of course, a free
 software client and Ogg Vorbis would be even better, but you can't deny
 this is very positive.

 Matt Flaschen

 BinaryFreedom social cause:
 http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/dcm.html