[SL] Re: (no subject)

  • From: David Ratte <dratte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sql-ledger-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:23:10 +0000

I just checked mine, and if you didn't have a valid user or the database
template1 you wouldn't have gotten this far... so there's a couple things I
can think of quickly at this point:

1. does the username you are using to log into template1 have CREATEDB
permission? If not you won't be able to add new datasets (operation will
fail)

2. if you have a default installation of postgres then there won't be any
existing data sets except template1 listed on the top of the screen as
Existing Datasets

Create Dataset: should be the name of the set you want to create
Encoding: select the method you would liike to use (subjective based on your
needs)

Chard of Accounts: select a default chart of accounts to populate your dataset
with.

and click Continue

which should create the database

then you have to go to Add User and set up a user to use the database.

The only way I can reproduce the error you are reporting is by leaving the
Create Dataset entry blank - meaning you have not entered a name for the new
dataset.

Let me know if this helps or not...

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 03:53 pm, FrnSml@xxxxxxx wrote:
> yes it is a new install but not via "set.pl".I followed the instructions to
> the letter
> THE POSTGRESQL version is 7.2.4 (up grade)I login to sql-ledger and link to
> Dtabase Administration.
> I leave the host (blank) port (blank)  as suggested
> This links me to Database Administration from here I chose create database
> which produces the menu with country(language) options (but does not list
> any of the sets)
> From here I chose default and the message I get is data set missing I chose
> other countries with the same result of dataset missing
> The templates are stored in /usr/local/sql-ledger
> I had to deviate from standard installation with reagrds to httpd.conf.
> When I followed the instructions and created sql-ledger-httpd.conf apache
> would not start so I had to use Alias in httpd.conf instead which worked
> ok. many thanks
>

> I use aol thus I have to be in windows when I am on the internet
> which is one of the reasons why I couldnot use setup.pl

David Ratte
Superior Circuit Technologies, Inc.
dratte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.superiorcircuits.com