[SL] Re: SQL-Ledger - Postgresql - ODBC - OpenOffice

  • From: cbbrowne@xxxxxxx
  • To: sql-ledger-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:57:54 -0400

Oscar wrote:
> Personally, I've just installed unixODBC plus the ODBC driver for
> Postgresql. I've added an SQL-Ledger company database in /etc/odbc.ini,
> and I can add the DSN in OpenOffice and view the company's tables, but
> when I try to open a table, I get a "Permission denied" error.
>
> In pg_hba.conf, I have 'host' access via passwords, and I enter a valid
> SQL-Ledger username and password in OpenOffice. Why can't I access the
> company tables from OpenOffice?

More than likely because the user OpenOffice.org is connecting to
PostgreSQL as does not been granted permission to access data in the
database/schema that SQL-Ledger is using.

You're connecting as different users, right?

If you use multiple users, then you have to look into the SQL keyword
GRANT to see how to configure access to data.
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@ntlug.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/x.html