[SL] Re: Running a pizza manufacturing company (www.tgffc.com) howto map ingredients to parts?

  • From: Dieter Simader <dsimader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sql-ledger-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:13:15 -0600 (MDT)

to allocate quantities properly you need to break them down into units. So
your 60 lbs bag becomes 60 - 1 lbs units. In your assembly you then use
0.22 units (100g). This way you don't burden the bookkeeper with extra
conversions and only have to make sure to record a 60 lbs bag as 60 - 1
lbs units.

Dieter Simader    http://www.sql-ledger.com   (780) 472-8161
DWS Systems Inc.     Accounting Software       Fax: 478-5281
============ On a clear disk you can seek forever ==========