[SL] Re: DIN A4 paper format: How?

  • From: "Alejandro Imass" <ait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sql-ledger-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 19:26:12 -0400

> How do I manage to get SL to know that the target paper format
> is DIN A4?
>
> Currently the text on printouts start quite a bit below the top
> page margin, but is truncated at the right page margin.

It is my experience that you always have to taylor the templates a bit
(please read on).

> I have a user setup with
> - Language German
> - Use Templates <user name>
> - Setup Templates <Default> (I alway choose German, here, but
> SL sets the value back to "Default" --- why?)

That part of the Admin screen is a little confusing at firt. The three
fields actually mean:

Use Templates (the site templates you have already created)
New Templates  (please enter the name of your new site templates here)
Setup Templates (please select on which templates you would like to
base your own)

If you leave the first two blank, you will always use the default.

If you want german, put a name in new templates and select German. You
will notice a new subdirectory in the templates directory will be
created, and this user will be pointing to the new templates in the
sub directory.

You can modifiy these and if you screw up you can always create new
ones without screwing the default ones.

--
Alejandro Imass