[SPSD] IHDP Seeks Brightest Brain You Know

  • From: IHDP <secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SPSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 15:50:47 +0100

 If you have trouble reading this e-mail please visit:
http://www.ihdp.unu.edu/article/1186

----------

International Human Dimensions Programme on Global Environmental Change

----------

WHO'S THE BRIGHTEST MOST INFLUENTIAL BRAIN YOU KNOW?
Call for nominations | Chair IHDP Scientific Committee

----------

Who is the most influential in developing the social sciences on global change?
Has the highest recognition among their social science peers? The most
impressive publications? The widest impact among the world's policy-makers? The
most extensive track record in developing capacity for global change research
and decisions? In short: Who is the brightest, most influential brain you know?

IHDP is looking for this person to chair our Scientific Committee, and we are
asking you to nominate them.

NOMINATE THE BRIGHTEST BRAIN NOW:
www.ihdp.unu.edu/article/read/chairperson-of-the-ihdp-scientific-committee

The IHDP Scientific Committee (SC) represents a broad spectrum of scientific
disciplines, professional backgrounds and nationalities. As the chair of the
IHDP scientific committee, this person will guide the SC in advising our
developments and priorities, guiding our implementation, and supporting the
publication and dissemination of results.

The chairperson of the IHDP SC serves in their personal capacity. Candidates
are selected based on the standing in the international scientific community
with due regard for regional, gender, and disciplinary balance.

If you know the bright brain we are looking for, please nominate them by
following the procedure outlined in the document here:
www.ihdp.unu.edu/file/get/7240 . We are excited to hear nominations from the
whole scientific community by 15 November 2010. And even moreso to have a big
brain join IHDP and our Scientific Committee in 2011.

Any questions can be sent to the secretariat (secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxx). More
information about the nomination process can be found on on the IHDP website:
www.ihdp.unu.edu/article/read/chairperson-of-the-ihdp-scientific-committee

----------

P.S. If you think you are the brain we are looking for, we are sorry, but we
can't accept self nominations. So hopefully your research friends also feel the
same way about you.

IHDP is a joint programme of:
International Council for Science
International Social Science Council
United Nations University

please click here:

IHDP Secretariat | Hermann-Ehlers-Str. 10 | 53113 Bonn Germany | +49 (0)228 815
0600 | secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxx