[spotters-illianaskywarn] 20 years ago, June second, yesterday.

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: spotters-illianaskywarn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:38:21 -0400

On the late news on 2 last night, Jesse Walker spoke of the June 2 1990 record
outbreak of storms.

It was a bad one with 37 tornados and we here in Illiana handled 20 of them.

It was my first time in leadership in Skywarn.

I was on the air from 2P on the 2nd until 4A on the 3rd.

The next week, John Poindexter called me on the phone and said, "I think you
should handle Skywarn, the nets and all from now on.

That was 20 years ago and I am still here.

Our history began with Glenn Cook in 1974 and a rich history it is.

I want to thank you who have been such a big part of this history.

Please help me with this, I can't do it alone.

Thanks and 73.

Keith-wa9dro

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from
Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.  J Hudson Taylor.

Illiana Skywarn - Serving the Wabash Valley since 1974

Participate or Listen on:
145.230 (- / no PL) Vigo, Edgar, Clark, Vermillion, Parke, Clay and Sullivan
146.715 (- / no PL) overflow for Vermillion and Parke
444.600 (+ / no PL) UHF link into 145.230/r
146.685 (- / 151.4Hz) as a backup